The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

The Spore Adventures Continuity Conundrum  XML
Forum Index » Adventure Corner
Sean1M

Multicellular

So in the wake of this forums soon impending demise I am coming out to talk about my Spore Adventures continuity which aimed to create a better lore backbone to unite many other people's canons into one. And where it fell apart.

The simple fact is it fell apart because I hated working with the format. I love writing lore and characters but story is my Achilles heel. I hate working with storytelling it completely demotivates me. I'm not sure why but it simply does. And with this in mind I've always been better suited to making open world adventures. Exploration adventures and RPGs where story isn't as important as world and characters. But this ran counter to the story I had to tell and I really should have gotten someone else to help. Someone who could work with the writing and dialogue while I direct the over all story direction.

Pretty much too late for that but I can at least give you guys the mental skeleton I had for the series.

Phase 1
This phase aimed to have a full ark leading up to a final story pulling all the villains together.

Episode 1: TX 5000 all over again- Rebooted (Released)
A sequel to TX 5000 Superweapon making some tweaks to C'Servoids lore and introducing the unused C'Servoid character Dr Locktopus. I changed the C'Servoid race's name to Sorvenians and made the C'Servoid name stand for workers of the company CordiCORP. A new company that surprise surprise turns out to be evil and lead by Zevidima Loctopus.

Episode 1.5: Shaded Rainbows (Uploaded)
A short side puzzle adventure testing space gameplay with an Im challenge.

Episode 2: Shadows of the Past
This adventure was where I fell into a slump. It was going to be a bit of a filler instalment introducing us to a new ally. A Setaren Queen whose name I don't believe I ever thought up. Anyway the adventure would be set on their homeworld Trartok where she would be overseeing the reopening of a long abandoned mine only to discover a remnant of their dark past.

You and a team of miners go in and eventually find a body in the mine. A miner from 200 years ago back before the unification when the Setarens were a barbarian race who even with space age technology fought each other for resources and were very superstitious. The body was covered in a strange fungus and curiously seemed to still be alive but in an unnatural hibernation. Then a telepathic scream shoots through everyone's minds as the miners begin to turn on you while you and the remaining miners escape. By the end the last miner turns on you as you exit and this miner is captured and studied.

Researching this condition a fungal spore is found in the scan and the condition is shown to be similar to a past account. After the Krikik species neared extinction a plague believed to be supernatural at the time struck through the population. Screams echoed through people's minds as citizens were turned into zombies and attacked each other. The juice of a particular root was found to cure the plague and a spray was devised to combat the infected. Eventually the plague ceased to exist. But apparently infected still roamed this mine which had only just now been unblocked.

Studying the infected the plague is found to be a cordyceps species displaying sapience and telepathic communication abilities. The Krikik were their main prey and with this prey falling extinct they were forced to take on other species. What the Setarens at the time believed to be an exorcism was a war for survival. Engaging and adjusting her PAG (portable atmosphere generator) to protect her from the spores the queen told the captain to lead her through to the heart of the cave to negotiate peace. You would need to incapacitate the infected without killing them and reach the overmind. The boss here would be a social challenge where you only play as the queen and need to evage electrical discharges to reach and communicate with each prominent cluster of the overmind to convince them not only that the Krikik had long since been brought back through cloning but that the Setarens were no longer the barbarian race they once were.

After that peace is founded and Trartok is recognised as the home of two peoples. But we then fade into a cutscene where Loctopus convenes over a communicator with an unseen entity that knows your captain and wishes to establish an alliance with Loctopus.

Episode 3: The Fallen Leaves Saga. This was going to be a series beginning with a prologue staring the villain. A former hero turned xenophobic terrorist and his rise to power. It then follows with effectively a space train trip courtesy of an Inade ambassador to the Milky Way to gather various ambassadors for a meeting at one of the Grand Universal Council Halls which descends into a sci-fi train murder mystery. The murderer is caught appearing to be one of the ambassadors but after beating it in a boss fight it would shapeshifting into its true form which appears to be a Scrare of the Cructie subspecies but twisted and mutated.

The later chapters would take place around the planet where this GUC Hall is located leading to a boss fight with the Mysterious Figure (the unseen entity), more mutated Scrare in disguise and the realisation that communication with the Scrare homeworld had been lost. Your ally for this storyline is the Scrare ambassador and it leads up to a visit to the Scrare homeworld where you learn this terrorist had used the explosive device which he gained access too in the prologue and detonated it. This device used Cy⁷⁵⁶ (black clyrenight) and released heavy amounts of a particular radiation that's harmless to most races but for anything with loose code (a genetic quality that allows for shapeshifting in solid organisms like the Scrare and many species native to their homeworld) it has heavy mutagenic properties.

This event had mutated the planet into a very alien world. The terrorist lied to the public to instil xenophobic fears into them and taken controntrol with a military dictatorship. You receive disgust and distrust from civilians and fighting through the capital city's governing tower to get to this terrorist you end up splitting up with the ambassador and later reuniting with them. You enter what is effectively the final boss chamber where you meet with the terrorist dictator who appeared to be in his normal scrare form. He was clutching the real ambassador in his hands which leads you to realise to late that the ambassador you reunited with was an imposter. They shapeshift into the figure of the terrorist's mate who was a character in the prologue who here was mutated. You use your quick reflexes to kill them which the causes the terrorist to drop both his act with stored reserves of his non-mutated DNA as well as the ambassador. He reveals his mutated self and after mourning his loss he flies into a rage. Smashing a vial containing the DNA of a prominent flying alien predator and you here his body click and crack as he activates the loading elevator in the center of the room and knocks you onto it. Here you fight him in a falling boss fight as the elevator plummets and debris from things he smashes flies around you.

You win, the terrorist is detained and work already starts to reverse the mutations. The terrorist denies treatment and accepts their detainment.

After this we go into a cutscene where the Mysterious Figure approaches the terrorist and offers the alliance. The terrorist who you come to find from the staff had basically used every oppertunity they could to self harm engages the Mysterious Figure asking what its like to retain scares and wishing he could as a physical reminder of his failure and his loss.

Also want to note that it pains me to just refer to him as "The Terrorist" I'm not sure if I have his name storied anywhere but he's easily the strongest character I have going for this series. A formerly great captain with a horrible backstory leading to xenophobic ideals. He believes the Scare should be independent and talks very philosophically.

Episode 4: This one has only various working names but was going to be my first horror adventure. Going to the abandoned Aqueanian scientific research station that was mysteriously abandoned for reasons undisclosed to search for Captain Amazing from the Adventure Town adventure who had disappeared on a mission there.

Upon entering you find a welcome message written in the Aqueanians light blue blood. The message dates back over fifty years. Approximately when the station was shut down and quarantine. Exploring further you find bodies lying around. I would also place a randomised Slenderman camio so it would be unclear where or if you might see him and how long he would stay there. But that's just an easter egg.

You get the unsettling feeling you're being watched the whole time. As the adventure moves on you end up getting chased by a mob of silhouettes into a room. Here you get an exposition dump of information in the form of a journal detailing that the station was built to research and create a new form of medical nanobot. One so advanced that it could prolong one's natural life span to over a thousand years. But eventually the project was shut down with the worry that it could be hacked into and horribly weaponised. The head scientist was distraught. She refused to let her pursuits end here and so sought to use the nanobots in a different way to achieve immortality. She killed herself after setting up the nanobots to capture and hold her psychic essence (effectively the most common form of "souls" by this lore) inside her body and power the body after death with the nanobots. Something the prototypes could do right now since they were never perfected and wouldn't work for their original purpose.

Unfortunately holding psychic essence inside an artificial form or dead flesh causes it to degrade and drives it insane. The scientist shambles around asking her friends to join her. Killing them and resurrecting them all. The person writing the journal was one of the last and the journal cuts off unfinished. You turn around to find the body lying on the floor of the room is now gone. It drops down from the ceiling behind you and then tells you how she was wrong and that this is the greatest thing that has ever happened to her. After this you fight and... I guess re-kill her. After this you start getting messages from the scientist who sings and flirts with you. Until you reach a room completely unlike the others. A morbid tea room with corpses seated around the table (one of which being Captain Amazing) and the scientist sitting across the room on the other side. She tempts you with immortality. Asking you to pick up the gun on the table, fire and reawaken into her perfect family. Here is where a false choice situation is placed. The gun is a short rang disguised short bomb. It kills you implying an incorrect path. Like Rayman's choice to take the money in the Cave of Bad Dreams in Rayman 2.

You ignore the gun. She moves into the back room where we get a boss fight with her and her hoards of zombies. Unlike the others her psychic essence is stored in a mechanical computer pack on her back. At the end of the fight you disengage the teleport scrambler letting you beam out and the a cutscene plays where the Mysterious Figure walks up to the battered corpse of the scientist who begs to have her pack repaired and effectively be saved.

Episode 5: Desert Secrets. A remake of my old noobish An Egyptoid Story trilogy. Not sure if this would be a trollogy too. Possibly. In any case some changes I would make is removing the egyptian gods as characters and amping up Drant to make him a better villain. Here he would be a religious extremist aiming to bring back worship of the old gods (the Egyptian gods) and establish themselves as the powerful conquering empire they used to be as opposed to the diplomatic traders they are now. Joining you however would be a rookey captain who is basically pushed on you to get you to serve as a mentor for her. The light beams down, dissipates and the rookey is... None other than Eftie from It Came From the Sky who is now a young adult at the age of 13 (her race simply matures faster) with a foul mouth (swearing would be censored except for alien profanity) and a punk rocker style. In keeping with this her weapon is an electric guitar with various energy weapons built into it. She however still retains her race's scientific aptitude.

Joining Eftie you learn Drant's goal is to locate an ancient weapon. A mask made with mental enhancement technology and special super steroids that was meant for creation of sand commanding, high reflex possessing muscular and powerful super soldiers. Effectively the powers of Set in the palm of one's hand.

You would work together with Eftie to solve problems and eventually reach Drant who adorns the mask. With the desert under his control he whips up a storm and the boss fight starts. You defeat Drant and he is detained but the mask can't be removed without causing severe and possibly fatal harm.

At the end of this news reaches them that Drant had already been broken out of prison upon having just entered the facility. Footage taken caught the silhouette of the Mysterious Figure. The figure then sends them a message thanking the captain for his help and eluding to his master plans. Eftie recognises the voice even though it was heavily altered, decomposes the alterations and uncovers that the identity of the figure is N'orris who had survived the incident in It Came From the Sky.

Eftie deduces that N'orris must have some extent of a resistance to the disease but it still impaired his mental state. Since most races are immune to it (hence why the captain was fine) it likely wasn't noticed that he was sick and was probably brushed off as insanity. Since a cure was found thanks to research on Eftie's genetics Eftie says she will make preparations to acquire a some doses to help the researcher.

Episode 6: Another series. This would be the finale of the first phase. The Oppraas't Bantuii once more calls you on board his ship. He informs you of the chaos the villains have been creating around the universe stealing things from specific locations. Seemingly components for something. Fearing devastation he recruited some of the allies you made along this phase though the Setaren queen character from the second one couldn't come due to her other duties she did still provide funding and resources for the mission. Going in this mission would start off with an intro level leading into a boss rush where each ally stays behind to fight one of the villains. You play as Bantuii against Loctopus in yet another mechanical monstrosity, then Drant is fought by the Scrare ambassador and then the scientist is fought by Eftie who negotiates a very different battle with her. Specifically the boss fight is a rhythm game ending off each phase with verses of a rap battle. Her battle wraps up the fastest and since she's closest she quickly rejoins the captain.

No sign of the terrorist is seen. The captain progresses on. Taking a detour after hearing screams from a side room. The captain enters to find a bloody and battered Drant with the helmet ripped off implying the other drant to be an imposter. He tells you this is all a ruse. That their collective is nothing but a revenge mission and the terrorist has gone rogue. Eftie then runs off with the cure to try and save N'orris and Drant apologizes and states you two go roped into a conflict with him that simply didn't concern them. He then tells the captain to follow Eftie and keep her safe. As well as to help N'orris. You engage N'orris in a boss fight where you need to inject him with a sedative three times to stall him enough to apply the antidote. You do this and cure him only for the terrorist to come in and shoot him. With his dying words N'orris apologizes for everything and you go on to fight the terrorist who tosses the mask aside which is covered in a mix of Drant's red blood and his own green blood. He assumes the form of another predator and then is defeated but escapes. Bantuii arrives with the ambassador telling you they lost sight of the scientist but captured Loctopus.

In the final cutscene we cut to Drant who exclaims a standard "Not you!" message followed by maniacal laughter from a looming shadow implied to be the scientist.

After this I would follow up with an epilogue to the phase that is an attendance to N'orris' funeral which you were invited to by Eftie along with the rest of the allies you had made including the Setaren Queen.

I will talk about my plans for the other phases another time as I've talked enough here. But they are less specifically defined and planned out since they were less of a priority than the existing phase.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/21/2018 03:29:57

Sean1M

Multicellular

Testing

EDIT: Yup. 15th. Not 10th. Sporum's still up. Good to know.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/10/2018 17:10:33

eme12

Civilized Sporeon

Sean1M wrote:Testing

;( maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale lion.....you dreaming little giant feline......I WAS HOPING ONE DAY....TO SEE YOU IN THIS GAME. But Tell are sooooooo eviiiiiiiil. OH MALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON I WOULD NEVER NOT USE AT THE SAME TIME ABUSE YOU OR COMBINE YOU WITH A TAPIR FROM TEEEEEEELLL..........OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MALE LION. EVERYBODY THINKS YOU ARE NOT WORTH IT.....BUT I KNOW IT IS NOT TRUEEEEEEEEEE. CAUSE YOU HAVE A STRONG BITE BIG MANE AND LOVE TO ATTACK HENCHIES LEAP ON THEM AND TEAR THEIR HEALTH DOWN
Sharples65

GalacticGod

eme12 wrote:
Sean1M wrote:Testing

GIVE ME YOUR DISCORD LINK AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[WWW]
Sean1M

Multicellular

Sean1M#8936

Sharples65

GalacticGod

Sean1M wrote:Sean1M#8936

NOT YOURS

[WWW]
Sean1M

Multicellular

Sharples65 wrote:
Sean1M wrote:Sean1M#8936

NOT YOURS

I know but it's good to keep in touch. Wouldn't you agree?

Forum Index » Adventure Corner
Go to: