The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

FAQ / Master Help Thread for Macs  XML
Forum Index » Spore Mac Help
SporeMasterDog

MouthBreather

Just want to put a quick note here:

I just got back to Uni and still trying to readjust back into school life, so won't be able to assist you guys on regular basis for a week or two. Hopefully fellow Sporumers will step up to the plate during the mean time.

- SMDog
Pablopa99

Microbe

I have a problem with galactic adventures, the animations are not showing: when I make my creatures roar or bite or anyother ability the animation doesnt show up, also in cell stage there is no eating animation.
I'm using An intel machine 10.5.8
Please Help me!
Thanks.
jbup2it

Microbe

Help: My spore doesn't move or eat. Game loads. The meteor hits the ocean and I stare at water and bubbles. It's like the game doesn't respond or acknowledge the arrow keys or movement keys or mouse. Any ideas would be helpful.
Cinael

Multicellular

jbup2it wrote:Help: My spore doesn't move or eat. Game loads. The meteor hits the ocean and I stare at water and bubbles. It's like the game doesn't respond or acknowledge the arrow keys or movement keys or mouse. Any ideas would be helpful.

I had this problem too. If you had Spore Creature Creator installed you have to uninstall it. It worked for me.

Newkk

Microbe

I stopped playing Spore for a while hoping that when the next patch came out it would fix the exception errors. I was able to play for several hours after the latest patch came out, but then eventually got an exception error and now get one every time I play.

On my system the exception errors happen under identical circumstances every time - it is when I am contacting another species and the contact window is opening, typically following a battle with the Grox. I never get exception errors at any other time.

Do others get exception errors under different circumstances than these?

00HolySpirit00

Microbe

hey peoples. i need hep with patchness. i have patches 1, and possibly 2, but three won't install and i did'nt get patch three, an i have to start spore from cider. it says this when i click on the normal spore icon: the application SPORE has quit unexpectedly mac os x and other applications are not affected.

IMPForces

Microbe

Hi guys I have a (somehow) serious problem. I have all the updates but the adventures from maxis aren't showing up. Plz help I need PLZ would you help a fellow sporemate

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/06/2009 15:45:08

IMPForces

Microbe

I have the same problem with boymac plz help
Cinael

Multicellular

I think lots of people get this problem. GA will not even start up and NOTHING will load (or actually stay on the loading screen for more than 5 seconds!!!!) I insert the GA disk. I click the GA icon in the dock and it asks for updates. I press no and the white box that says Spore comes up. Then the screen turns black for less than 5 seconds then goes away. It goes back to my desktop and says Exception raised Access denied at *a bunch of numbers* Do you wish to debug it? I press either button and nothing happens. Can somebody help me??? PLEASE??? This game was expensive!!

IMPForces

Microbe

It happens to me as well Sorry I, but Help It also when spore loads it spore but not galactic adventures.It has a white line over it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/06/2009 15:46:45

SkullGrinly

Microbe

I have a glitch that I'm not sure how to correct...

I just got to space stage and left the homeworld to do the standard "go scan crash site" mission. I got to the planet, cinematic starts up but the movie never displays. The text and acknowledge arrow showed up and when I clicked them I returned to the game, but now I can't find a spaceship and the radar tool isn't indicating one either. The planet is also 90% water and I've looked on all of the landmasses. I've tried exiting spore, reentering the planet's atmosphere repeatedly and such but I can't get anything to happen. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm running:

Mac OS X 10.5.8
2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor
2 GB Mhz DR2 SDRAM
GeForce 8600M GT
giantants

Microbe

My problem feels pretty tame after browsing this thread for a few minutes, but here goes- I just bought and (seemingly successfully) installed GA. In in-game sporepedia, my buddies' captain creations are often locked (only the REALLY COOL ones, seems like). Meanwhile, my GA creations appear to share successfully, but then they aren't showing up in the spore.com sporepedia...

SporeMasterSlime

Spore Master

giantants wrote:My problem feels pretty tame after browsing this thread for a few minutes, but here goes- I just bought and (seemingly successfully) installed GA. In in-game sporepedia, my buddies' captain creations are often locked (only the REALLY COOL ones, seems like). Meanwhile, my GA creations appear to share successfully, but then they aren't showing up in the spore.com sporepedia...

We have a sticky on this problem
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/46698.page
It appears to be intense lately.

Sig by theKatsos

PSN: onewarmslime
[WWW]
AJEisenberg

Microbe

Hello , I'm having a problem with sharing creations via Sporepedia. With normal Spore sharing worked fine, and it appeared on the Sporepedia website, but now with creepy and cute and Galactic adventures installed my creatures and captains won't share!
(building, vehicles and spacecraft will work) The creatures and captains appear under "My Creations" in game, and I can play as them, but not on my spore page online, so I've had to resort to emailing my friends my creations. There are no error messages when I try to share, it seems to work, except that it never actually shares
I have a brand new iMac, I meet all of the system requirements, and have had no major problems otherwise.
One thing to mention is that on my spore profile page online, under "Games Owned" it still shows that I only have Core spore, and has the buttons to purchase creepy and cute as well as Galactic adventures. It seems to think that I still don't have any expansion packs, even though I can do everything ie. play adventures, build creepy and cute creatures, in the game, and bought both packs, as well as registered them. Do I have to send Maxis an Email to tell them that I have the packs of something?
Update: If I make something that does not use any creepy and cute parts or the captain outfitter it will still upload!

Does anyone have an answer to this?
SporeMasterSlime

Spore Master

Hi AJEisenberg, would you take a look at the link I posted right above your post? The problem does not seem OS-specific.

Sig by theKatsos

PSN: onewarmslime
[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore Mac Help
Go to: