The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

SPORE MEGAMOD (Basicly a spore 2)  XML
Forum Index » Developer Corner
Poll
Will you Participate in The programing?
Yes. 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, and i Will code A LOT! 100% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 5
Author Message
Ackoli

Microbe

Joined: 08/19/2016 08:07:17
Messages: 58
Location:
A remote bunker plotting to kill the Capitalist Oppresors

Offline

TMM2K wrote:Sounds like a fun idea, but building it as a mod to the original spore wouldn't be the best way to undertake something like this. Since you'd have to rewrite all of the game logic you'd basically only be left with the creature parts to work with and that will still mean that anyone who wants to play this brand new game would need to have a copy of spore somewhere.

If you want to do something like this it's probably best to just start entirely from scratch.

I'm kind of working on an editor that can do some of what the spore editor can do, but I'm currently limiting it to only buildings as I don't yet know how to do anything like the dynamic skeleton based animation thing. I'm making it primarily to make an RTS-like game where you can design some of your own units, not entirely unlike the civ stage of spore I suppose, but more RTSsy.

If I get this done and it works nicely maybe we can have a chat about some subset of your plans? Anyway, it's not impossible to do any (or even all) of the things you want, and it's not impossible to do it with volunteers either there is plenty or precedent, check out lincity-ng, openarena, warzone 2100, globulation 2, and countless other open source games made by people for the love of it

Disclaimer: I'm most definitely not working on a 'spore 2' game or something like that at the moment, but I may be working on some parts that could be useful for it.
Maybe we should collabarate? And is there anyway I could see your Creation?
dragonBoy2006

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 10/28/2015 15:19:10
Messages: 1675
Location:
7-day suspension

Offline

Good idea, though I suggest we delete the spore code and not replace it with new code. Kinda like a sacrifice for all the pain we have endured for this game.

Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 04/18/2014 18:55:26
Messages: 6362
Location:
.__________.

Offline

dragonBoy2006 wrote:Good idea, though I suggest we delete the spore code and not replace it with new code. Kinda like a sacrifice for all the pain we have endured for this game.

But then the game would be rendered nonfunctional...

dragonBoy2006

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 10/28/2015 15:19:10
Messages: 1675
Location:
7-day suspension

Offline

Rob55Rod wrote:
dragonBoy2006 wrote:Good idea, though I suggest we delete the spore code and not replace it with new code. Kinda like a sacrifice for all the pain we have endured for this game.

But then the game would be rendered nonfunctional...

And I thought Rob couldn't get any stupider

DireSquidGuy

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 06/23/2015 04:22:18
Messages: 1021
Offline

The moment you said that all social abilities would be deleted, I was all, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA... no!", and stopped taking this seriously, at all.

Also, you thought about nothing concerning the gas giants, in the Space Stage.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/01/2016 03:34:55


Check out my Page, bros, brahs, and brehs!! (This is NOT a linkbomb!)

Profile
uglydollfan

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 12/30/2013 02:45:39
Messages: 3056
Location:
Somewhere in another forum

Offline

So, any progress on this "mod"... If it even is one...

Aren't mods supposed to add / change things in a game?
Because this is contradictory...

And besides, it seems that you know the basics of modding (such as changing some values), but that doesn't mean you know how to make complete mods.
And based on the fact that you haven't shown any previous works of mods, making a mod this huge (without deleting the code) would require a ton of research on how the scripts work, and many experiments!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/01/2016 03:46:10


I'm off to better and happier things, you'll never find me!
Ackoli

Microbe

Joined: 08/19/2016 08:07:17
Messages: 58
Location:
A remote bunker plotting to kill the Capitalist Oppresors

Offline

DireSquidGuy wrote:The moment you said that all social abilities would be deleted, I was all, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA... no!", and stopped taking this seriously, at all.

Also, you thought about nothing concerning the gas giants, in the Space Stage.

Social In spore is so unrealistic and dumb. A creature does not go up to a creature and dance randomly
for no reason apart from to make the other creature like it. The creature it danced to would probably eat it. And you will be able to enter gas giants, but you will hardly be able to see and your spacecraft would take rapid damage.
Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 04/18/2014 18:55:26
Messages: 6362
Location:
.__________.

Offline

DireSquidGuy wrote:The moment you said that all social abilities would be deleted, I was all, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA... no!", and stopped taking this seriously, at all.

Well to be fair, if he were to strip out every shred of code from the game, they wouldn't need to be deleted, they'd just need to not be re-added.

uglydollfan wrote:So, any progress on this "mod"... If it even is one...

It's probably a hack at this point, to be honest

uglydollfan wrote:Aren't mods supposed to add / change things in a game?
Because this is contradictory...

In Spore, mods do their jobs without adding, removing, or changing the game's code. See above.

uglydollfan wrote:And besides, it seems that you know the basics of modding (such as changing some values), but that doesn't mean you know how to make complete mods.
And based on the fact that you haven't shown any previous works of mods, making a mod this huge (without deleting the code) would require a ton of research on how the scripts work, and many experiments!

Making it without wiping the code might actually be harder than starting from scratch. Not to mention he wouldn't need to "delete" anything - he could just use a new Executable

DireSquidGuy

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 06/23/2015 04:22:18
Messages: 1021
Offline

Ackoli wrote:Social In spore is so unrealistic and dumb. A creature does not go up to a creature and dance randomly
for no reason apart from to make the other creature like it.


So you're saying that Charm (male peacocks, male Stalk-eyed Flies, male fish), Sing (practically EVERY bird, wolves... kinda [communication], frogs [mating calls], and wild boars [they know multiple repertoires, from mating songs to lullabies]), and Pose (apes, birds) make no sense?

Once again: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAA... no!

Ackoli wrote:And you will be able to enter gas giants, but you will hardly be able to see and your spacecraft would take rapid damage.


Two words: SPICE HARVESTERS!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/01/2016 17:57:59


Check out my Page, bros, brahs, and brehs!! (This is NOT a linkbomb!)

Profile
mystery1122

Microbe

Joined: 05/22/2018 01:59:29
Messages: 6
Offline

No, it won't be in the programming. no, I won't be in modeling, but what we can do is edit the files of spore, put it in spore, and when it works, it will be made, other than modeling and textures.
terriblepun

Microbe

Joined: 07/27/2018 17:38:44
Messages: 1
Location:
United States

Offline

DireSquidGuy wrote:
Ackoli wrote:Social In spore is so unrealistic and dumb. A creature does not go up to a creature and dance randomly
for no reason apart from to make the other creature like it.


So you're saying that Charm (male peacocks, male Stalk-eyed Flies, male fish), Sing (practically EVERY bird, wolves... kinda [communication], frogs [mating calls], and wild boars [they know multiple repertoires, from mating songs to lullabies]), and Pose (apes, birds) make no sense?

Once again: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAA... no!


You know none of those species go up to completely different species, do their socialization thing, and "make friends" with them, right?

Aside from mistakes (e.g. one songbird briefly singing to a completely different species), threats, or hunting, all those communicative behaviors are INTRAspecies not INTERspecies. Peacocks communicate with peacocks, frogs with frogs, etc. which is completely different from how Spore implemented them. It's very rare to see any kind of positive mutual communication between different species in nature and definitely not in the same vein as Spore's friendship system.

---------------

Anyway thumbs down to OP. As much as I'd love either Spore 2 or a bunch of these things added to the game as-is, it's completely unrealistic.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/27/2018 17:51:45

 
Forum Index » Developer Corner
Go to:   
 
Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © ( EA Dev Build 2018-08-14 15:53:40 ) JForum Team