The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Patch Mac Help  XML
Forum Index » Spore Mac Help
Dasse1202

Microbe

sooooo..... This thread has been going on for at least 3 years, and NO ONE has come up with a definite solution?!

I had the game previously installed directly on my Mac laptop, and I eventually got through this by uninstalling-reinstalling the game many, MANY times.

Then, my save games decided to crash.

Any vehicles or creatures that I had made that were linked to these said save games simply disappeared off the face of the earth (I can find the files, but on spore ther is a big, white, box where you would normally be able to see the creation, and when I attempted to edit, it opened a new creation... frustrating), so I deleted everything. I then installed the game on my flash drive because of the annoying amount of "ghost files" created by me when uninstalling-reinstalling the game.

I am now stuck, once again, at the "files have been modified! please re-install!" patch. (hehe.. that's pathetic... I'm recognizing the update by the error message that shows up.. ...) I don't want to reinstall the game because I don't want "ghost files" on my flash... ugh.

I believe I may have the solution, but where do you find the updates after spore downloads them, but before it patches? Do they get cached?
Rellick13

Microbe

I have the issue where when I install patch 3.7 I wait for it to pop up options, never cancelling, and it still says that there has been manipulated files.

Forum Index » Spore Mac Help
Go to: